Week 24 Part 2

Onto the happier part of the week…

…Wednesday, Raelynn’s daycare provider text me and said, “I just wanted to let you know that I’ve decided to start potty training Raelynn.” She was potty training another kid around the same age as Raelynn so she just figured it would be easier to do both of them at the same time. I was happy, but I wasn’t sure that I was ready to deal with it. I have zero patience and I wanted to be able to dedicate the time to be able to do it and not half ass it. I knew it was going to be a huge task. She told me that Raelynn has done pretty well all day. If she was going to take the time to do it there, then I was going to take the time to do it right on my end.


So, Day 1 of potty training has truly taken place. She had 1 accident at daycare and no accidents at home. We took her about every hour when she got home. For the first day, especially since it was somewhat unexpected, we just kept her in pull-ups. I was overly excited with how day 1 went.

Day 2 was not as successful. She did get up and go in the morning, so I decided to put her in cotton underwear and take her to daycare. She has a couple accidents at daycare and she switched her to pull-ups. Whenever she got home she did not go to the potty at all. She peed in her pull ups the whole night. I am trying to differentiate between diapers, and big girl underwear. I feel like it’s really important. A diaper is a diaper and we lay down putting it on. A pull up is big girl underwear and we stand up and put those on. Cotton underwear are big girl underwear and we stand up and put those on too. I am trying very hard to get her to understand that a pull up is not a diaper, but that’s a very fine line that I’m not sure she is going to understand. Ultimately, I really do not want to use pull ups unless it’s absolutely necessary. And I’m finding out very quickly that, for us at least, they are very necessary.

Day 3 was a combination of day 1 and day 2. She did okay at daycare, but she did have some accidents. Day 3 was a Friday and we were preparing for a yard sale the next day at a friends house so I put a pull up on her. I knew I wasn’t going to have the attention span to ask her every 30 minutes if she had to go, but I still asked her about every 45 minutes to an hour and she didn’t go at all. She just went in her pull up.

Day 4, Saturday, was essentially the same story. We actually had the yard sale this day. But Scott was there too so that was helpful. I know she went a couple of times for Scott. By the time I got home, she did go a couple of more times. I know she did have some accidents though. That night we went to a friends house and there was a lot going on and I’m fairly certain she didn’t go at all.

I was so looking forward to Day 5, Sunday. We were going to be home all day, with the exception of going to the grocery. That morning went okay. She told me a couple of times at the grocery that she needed to go, so we stopped what we were doing and went to the bathroom and of course she didn’t go. However, that afternoon/evening went exceptionally well. She only had one accident. With us being home, I was able to ask her about every 30 minutes and she went almost every time. I was so excited. After some not so good days, it was nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

Overall, it’s been an eye opening experience so far for both Scott and I. We are still using diapers for her nap and overnight. Whenever she gets the hang of actually going on a regular basis, I know we will at least be able to change her diaper at her nap to a pull up. About 60% of the time, her diaper isn’t wet whenever she wakes up. But at night, shew, that’s a different story. She is still completely soaked whenever she gets up. I have a feeling it will be a very long time before we are able to fully convert her out of the diaper at nap.


Scott has also felt his frustrations with this one. I’m not sure what day it was, but she was refusing to go and she following Scott somewhere and peed all over the floor. He said he would pay someone to potty train her. I think he might have had the impression that since she had caught onto everything else so quickly, that this was also going to be a breeze. I don’t think he realized that for the majority of people, it takes a lot of time.

We also did a fun thing! We went to a local pumpkin patch with my parents and some of our friends. It’s kind of like the thing that you are supposed to do in the fall around here. Pretty much we just go and take a lot of pictures, go pick a pumpkin, go on a hayride, and then EAT a whole lot. The food there is so good and we literally look forward to it every year. The pumpkin patch also has a winery and normally when I’m not pregnant, I look forward to that, too. It’s just always a good time. But we are all always so wore out after the fact.

CrossFit this week…

Monday October 17

Strength – My snatch max is terrible. 75#…I worked up to 3 reps at 75# and I couldn’t go any higher. Nor, did I want to.

OH Squat
5 @ 50%
4 @ 60%
3 @ 70%
2 @ 80%
1 @ 90%
Based on Snatch max

MetCon – I knew there was no way that I was going to be able to do this workout. It was going to do major damage to my back. So, I did 75 step ups instead and every minute I did 2 burpees.

Rancid Randy
75 Snatches #75/55
*Stop and do 2 burpees over the bar every minute

Tuesday October 18


Run Forrest Run

MetCon – I rowed instead of ran and did planks instead of HBR. I just held a plank for as long as I could.
400m Run
25 Hollow Body Rockers

Wednesday October 19


Wall Sit
:30 ON
:20 OFF

MetCon – I was able to do everything. My score was 150 reps
1:00 – Wall Balls #20/14
1:00 – Row or Cals
1:00 – KB Swing 25#
1:00 – Rest

Friday October 21


Back to Shoulders

MetCon – did ring rows instead of pullups, pushups from the knee, and step ups instead of box jumps. Finished in 8:02.
Box Jumps


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.