Week 36



My life these days…

Another week in the books. Seriously. I cannot believe it.

This weekend was the last weekend that we had absolutely nothing to do before Briar’s arrival. All day Saturday we ran errands, Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby. We did not stop all day long. The main thing we bought that was going to help Briar’s room get finished was a closet organizer. Currently in her room in the closet, there is all of our jackets and all of my shoes. We have a rather large hall closet that we are going to be transferring everything to, but we just needed to get the essentials to get it done.

Sunday, we were both pretty exhausted from running all day, so we did some stuff here and there, but nothing major. We had a friend come over with her little girl so her and Raelynn could play together.

Something random, but I noted that on Sunday night I started having night sweats. Seemed a little early? Normally, you don’t get them until after your pregnancy when your body is trying to get rid of all of extra water weight.

And then Monday came. And I got a text from Raelynn’s daycare that she had a 104 fever. 104!!!! I was a little freaked out, but again, I could not leave work because I was training my replacement. I called Scott immediately and told him that he had to go get her and I would schedule her a doctor appointment. Long story short, double ear infection. I couldn’t believe that we were just in there last week and I made she her ears were checked and now she has a double ear infection. Whenever Raelynn is sick and I’m not there, I just want to be home with her. I hate not being able to be there with her. I told Scott I would try and leave early and he told me that I did not have to that he had it under control. I knew he did. He’s perfectly capable of taking care of her, I just wanted to be there too. They prescribed her a stronger antibiotic this time so hopefully it would work quickly. My trainee ended up leaving a little early today because they were going to look at apartments and I ended up staying at work and getting a whole lot accomplished. I didn’t leave until around 5pm which for me is late. I was very relieved that I got a lot done. It made me feel better.

Tuesday, doctor appointment for me. I wasn’t expecting anything exciting especially given that I was there 5 days ago and I wasn’t dilated or effaced. Same story today. No dilation or effacement. I was strangely okay with this because we still had a lot to get done around the house, so I wanted her to cook for as long as possible.

Raelynn was better today. No fever. She stayed home for precautions of not getting any other kids sick and then she went back to daycare on Wednesday.

Wednesday and Thursday there were some stressful situations and issues at work. Just when I think my luck is turning around with getting stuff accomplished at work, more work gets piled on top. I’m slowly starting to get over work. Just ready to be done. The problem is, I know that I will still be fully connected to work, or try to be at least, while I’m on maternity leave. It’s just who I am. I am ready for a break, but in the back of my mind, I know how much is going to pile up whenever I’m gone, even though I do have a backup doing some of my work.

Friday, Scott made huge progress and actually got Briar’s closet together. All that was left to do was for me to fill it with clothes. I had been taking down the newborn and 3 month clothes of Raelynn’s from the garage and washing them, so now I was happy they finally had a place to go.

CrossFit this week…

I actually made it there 3 days in a row which is few and far between lately. I was very happy with my performance this week.

Wednesday January 11

Strength – I kept my snatch at 55#. Last week, it didn’t even feel comfortable to pick up a bar and today I could actually snatch 55#, so I was happy with that. Planks were pretty terrible. I did okay the first couple of minutes, but the last 2 were awful and I didn’t last.

10 min EMOM
1 Squat snatch @ 70% until failure or 10 reps
if failure is reached during EMOM then finish EMOM at 50%
5 rounds
30 sec plank
30 sec rest

MetCon – I did the single arm rows, I did one round of the KB lunges and then I had to drop the weight because it just didn’t feel comfortable, but I did do the KB swings. Overall, I was pretty happy with my performance because I’ve been feeling like I can’t do anything lately.
12min AMRAP
12 single arm ring row (each arm)
12 single arm OH KB lunge (switch arm every 6 reps)
12 KB swings

Thursday January 12

Strength – I built up to 75# on the OHS. Same with the strict press. They felt okay.

3×3 heavier than last week
Close Grip behind next strict press

MetCon – yea, I was not feeling this metcon today at all. So I rowed. 15 minutes total, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest. It equated out to about 1500M.


Friday January 13

Strength – I did push jerks instead of split jerks. I’m not very stable in my split jerks because it’s not a comfortable movement, so I opted out. I only used 65#.

Squat clean & Split Jerk
Every 90 secs 1 rep @70% untill failure or 10 reps
if failure is reached dueing EMOM then finsh EMOM at 50%

MetCon – I was actually a little sore from the past two days, but the type of workouts below are my favorite. They seem long, but I like when rest is built in. Again, I was very happy with my performance. The only thing I modified were pullups. I did ring rows instead.
1min cal row
1min wallball #20/14
1min pull ups
1min SDHP #45/25

1 min rest

Until next week…


–The Kentucky Momma




Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.